Friday, April 3, 2009

(5) Organising a blog - emerging knowledge and "techie" stuff

The way this blog will be organised is emerging slowly, and will continue to emerge. This is an example of how new knowledge is created - it emerges as a result of exploring and wondering, watching what is happening and researching (investigating) how other blogs work and what kinds of things I think are worthy of the effort of being typed up.

Within this blog I am using "techie" as a term that refers to technical stuff (to do with e-spaces, sites etc. as well as the technical workings of both software and hardware). But I am also extending the term to describe the conventions I am developing for working within this site. I want to identify about half a dozen (seven at most) labels, one of which will be attached to each blog entry (I could add more and different labels but each entry will have one of the key labels. This is because, in the past when I have experimented with using blogs I have kept generating labels (or tags) so that they got out of hand.

This rule will place some requirement to classify around what topics I talk about without constraining me.
It is an example of a liberating constraint (a notion from complexity thinking - it is the idea that certain constraints can actually foster creativity).

No comments:

Post a Comment